I absolutely love trying new things as a photographer! These photos were taken early this winter in my downtime and I ventured out into beauty photography with a little play on lighting. These images are bolder and brighter than my norm, however I was determined to push myself into new territory and create something outside of my norm. Read below to learn about the making of these images. I tackled 5 new techniques head-on, and all in one photo-shoot! For the photographers and tech people out there…
1. I tried new editing editing software, and I loved it! (Capture One Editing Software)
2. I shot with new Profoto B1X lights. (I’ve been drooling over these lights for over a year, and they are by far the best on the market!)
3. I shot with long exposures.
4. I shot with gels and mixed lighting.
5. And finally, I tested out a new editing technique for skin called frequency separation. Not my thing but at least I tackled it! This technique is used in beauty ad campaigns to make skin look ridiculously flawless… It’s a painfully long editing process, and I think next time I leave it to the pros!!! Anyways, I prefer beauty marks, moles, freckles, and the little things that make us who we are!
Model- Miranda Oldenburger with Peak Agency in Des Moines
Hair- Stacy Syroka
MUA- Ivy Boyd
Photo taken at my studio in Valley Junction.